Also known as Larb Gai.
Easy to make, fucking delicious, and relatively “healthy” to booth.
This recipe isn’t particularly authentic, but it gets you 95% of the way there in 15 minutes or less.
Double recipe if required, leftovers are delicious when cold.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 500g chicken mince
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup of sweet chilli sauce
- Veggie Bowl (mix these together before cooking):
- 1-2 red chilies (thinly sliced) or 2 tablespoons of fresh chilli paste.
- 3 spring onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup coriander (roughly chopped) – optional.
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (roughly chopped)
- 1 large white onion (thinly sliced)
- salt (optional)
- iceberg lettuce (or any other lettuce with large “cups”)
- White mung bean sprouts
- Sriracha Sauce
- White rice (optional)
- Heat your wok over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil, add the ground chicken.
- Stir-fry until the chicken is browned and crispy, and add in your sauce.
- if chicken isn’t getting brown and crispy, throw in some more oil and let the meat sit on high heat.
- Stir-fry for another minute, then add your veggie bowl.
- Stir-fry for one more minute, and then taste for seasoning – ie, add salt or more chili, sugar, fish sauce, and/or lime juice to your taste if needed.
- Serve in lettuce cups topped with bean sprouts and sriracha sauce.
- Optional – serve with white rice, if that’s your thing.